Because Velo requires Payees to onboard by filling out their complete personal profile information and providing a Payment Method preference, we’ve developed a dashboard to quickly view Payees’ onboarding status. Understand these terms to quickly reference which Payees have completed enrollment and which Payees are eligible to receive payment. There are three Payee onboarding statuses:
- Invited: Payee has been sent an invitation email to set up their account
- Registered: Payee has started, but not completed enrollment
- Onboarded: Payee has completed the signup process
Note: The statuses above do not apply to Managed Payees.
The United States Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) administers and enforces economic and trade sanctions based on US foreign policy and national security goals. The OFAC agency acts to impose controls on financial transactions and freeze assets under US jurisdiction.
The Watchlist Status on the platform reflects a compliance review. Velo Payments is required to screen all Payees to determine their eligibility to receive payments by the law. No individual will be cleared for payments until a compliance screening has been conducted. This action protects both Velo and Payors from violating restrictions.
After Payee information is provided, the compliance check will be conducted. A Payee’s Watchlist Status will be defined as one of the following:
- Pending: Payee has enrolled and is waiting for a compliance check to be completed
- Passed: Payee has passed a compliance review and can receive payments
- Failed: Payee has failed a compliance review and is not eligible to receive payments
- Locked: This indicates Velo needs to perform a further review on the Payee
Note: In most cases, Failed statuses are a result of an inconclusive review. To verify the identity of a Payee, Velo will contact the individual or company to request additional documentation.
Lastly, we also identify three invitation statuses, which identify if the Payee has Onboarded and Accepted to receive payment from you, the Payor.
- Pending: Payee has not taken action on your invitation
- Accepted: Payee has confirmed and accepted your invitation to receive payments
- Denied: Payee has declined your invitation to receive payments